HPK Signature Series Started Pointing Labs
Hunters Point Kennel's
Signature Started Dog — A.K.A. Trained Pointing Labs
Welcome to Hunters Point Kennel Signature Series. Let’s start out by asking you a few questions:
- Do you want a started pointing lab that is ready to go now instead of 6 months to a year later?
- Do you want a great hunting and family dog, but don’t have the time to work with it properly?
- Do you want to remove some of the risk in training a dog?
- Do you want a dog, but don’t want to deal with the puppy stage?
- Are you just not sure where to begin when training a top-notch hunting dog?
If you answered YES to any of these questions a HPK Signature Started Dog or trained pointing labs could be the route for you!
“Hunters Point Kennel is great! They worked with me every step of the way and helped us find an amazing chocolate pointing lab that makes a great hunting companion, and a great dog my family and I love! I would highly recommend them to anyone.”
– James B.
Why a custom-built dog?
Can’t you simply find a started dog to buy on the market?
YES — You can find dogs on the market. Started dogs come for sale at different times of year. Breeders, trainers, and traders sell dogs for many different reasons. But that IS the point; they are selling the dog for a reason. Over the years I have bought trained dogs with various maladies: Gun shyness, skilled enough to pass basic hunt tests – but not advanced, sterility issues, water shy, blinking birds, or hundreds of other frustrating maladies. etc. For illustration, let us consider the following scenario:
One beautiful fall afternoon, while sitting in your deer stand, you come across the add in the local paper, craigslist, or a hunting dog website:
Started dog for sale. 2 y/o. $1800.00. must sell. Call 555-555-5555.
Seems like a great idea, doesn’t it? Young dog, already trained. For $1800? Absolutely!! No potty training, no working with bumpers, simply plug and play. Let’s do it!
However – I encourage you to stop and think about something. A PUPPY typically costs $1500 – so why in the world are they selling a stared animal for $1800? In all seriousness, your brain should immediately start wondering “what is wrong with this picture?”. The old adage applies here – what looks too good to be true, usually is.
Instead of taking a risk on an unknown dog, with the appropriate amount of time we can custom build you a trained pointing-lab. This allows you, the client, to invest time and money selecting a puppy from a litter you like. Genetics, selected for your needs, the sex, and even color are selected by you. You’re not settling for what dog is available. It is our belief that the buyer’s money is much better spent, with a smaller amount of risk.
How does the process work?
- The client (you) and HPK, pick out a puppy whose genetic package fits your specific needs.
- HPK and our partners train the puppy to the level that (you) the customer chooses.
- The customer (you) picks up the dog.
- The customer spends some time learning how to use their dog (this process can take some time).
- You and your new trained pointing lab live happily ever after.
What is a HPK Signature started dog - a.k.a trained pointing lab?
Either a puppy or a young dog, that has had some training completed at the time the dog goes home.
How much training exactly?
That is up to the buyer and the seller. Frankly, the only consistent thing we have learned about started dogs is that every single started dog is unique.
If all of this sounds like what you are looking for, or maybe have a few more questions, GIVE US A CALL and request a quote!